CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concept and practices required to provide person-centred support.
- Students must be 15 years of age or over.
- Students are required to successfully complete the Language Literacy and Numeracy test and achieve Australian Core Skills Framework level 3 across reading, writing, learning, oral communication and numeracy skill. Prospective students who have completed Year 12 or provide an AQF Certificate III or above in any discipline will be deemed as meeting the LLN entry requirements.
- Satisfactorily complete a pre-training review interview to determine student’s suitability for the chosen course.
- Students are required to be physically fit to be able to perform some tasks required by the course.
- Students are required to have access to computer and internet in order to complete assessments and read information on the unit of competency.
The course will be delivered and assessed over 40 weeks at the SEIA. The course includes workplace based training component (120 hours) which requires a work placement in accredited Aged Care facilities.
Students will be required to wear to wear a name badge (provided) on placement. In addition, SEIA polo shirt, long black pants and black closed in, non-slip shoes will be required which students will either need to provide or purchase at their own cost.
- CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Care Assistant
- Care Service Employee
- Care Worker
- Client Assistant
- Community Access Coordinator
- Community care worker
- Community House Worker
- Disability Service Officer
- Family Support Worker
- Field Officer (Community Services)
- Food Services Deliverer
- Home Care Assistant
- In Home Respite Worker
- Nurse’s Aide
- Planned Activity Assistant
- Residential Aide
- Residential Care Worker
- Residential Support Worker
- School Support Officer (Disability)
- Senior Personal Care Assistant
- Transport Support Worker
- 7 core units
- 6 elective units
Ask our friendly staff for specialised streams which include:
- Ageing specialisation
- Disability specialisation
- Home and Community specialisation
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
CHCHCS001 Provide home and community support services
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication
- Written activities
- Case studies
- Role plays / observations
- Practical work placement
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government under Smart and Skilled.
Download Course Guide (PDF)
Skills & Employment Institute of Australia is partnering with Study Loans to offer you a new option for the payment of your course fees.
Click the button below and you will be redirected to the Skills & Employment Institute of Australia Study Loans page. You will be guided through the steps to begin the application process for your study loan.