Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways
It is suitable for individuals who require:
- A pathway to employment or vocational training
- Reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication and learning skills at Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) Level 3
- Entry level digital literacy and employability skills
- A vocational training and employment plan
Foundation Skills Training Package qualifications may not be listed as an entry requirement for vocational qualifications.
- Students must be 18 years of age or over.
- Students are required to successfully complete the Language Literacy and Numeracy test and achieve Australian Core Skills Framework level 3 across reading, writing, learning, oral communication and numeracy skill. Prospective students who have completed Year 12 or provide an AQF Certificate III or above in any discipline will be deemed as meeting the LLN entry requirements.
- Satisfactorily complete a pre-training review interview to determine student’s suitability for the chosen course.
- Students are required to be physically fit to be able to perform some tasks required by the course.
- Students are required to have access to computer and internet in order to complete assessments and read information on the unit of competency.
- 8 core units
- 6 elective units
FSKDIG03 Use digital technology for routine workplace tasks
FSKLRG09 Use strategies to respond to routine workplace problems
FSKLRG11 Use routine strategies for work-related learning
FSKNUM14 Calculate with whole numbers and familiar fractions, decimals and percentages for work
FSKNUM15 Estimate, measure and calculate routine metric measurements for work
FSKOCM07 Interact effectively with others at work
FSKRDG10 Read and respond to routine workplace information
FSKWTG09 Write routine workplace texts
Two elective units must be vocational units from other training packages.
The remaining electives units may be selected as follows:
- Up to 4 vocational units from other training packages, and their prerequisite units where applicable
- Up to 4 units from the Foundation Skills Training Package
- Up to 3 units from accredited courses
Elective units must be relevant to vocational pathways.
- Written activities
- Case studies
- Role plays / observations
Download Course Guide (PDF)
Skills & Employment Institute of Australia is partnering with Study Loans to offer you a new option for the payment of your course fees.
Click the button below and you will be redirected to the Skills & Employment Institute of Australia Study Loans page. You will be guided through the steps to begin the application process for your study loan.