NSW Government funding available – Smart and Skilled
HM Green Pty Ltd trading as Skills and Employment Institute of Australia (SEIA) RTO ID: 90430, has been approved to offer the following qualifications under the Smart and Skilled Targeted Priority program. The Program provides subsidised training for Approved Qualifications for eligible students.
This qualification is available for delivery in the Sydney region:
This page contains information and links to other information on the SEIA website for students participating in the NSW Government’s Smart and Skilled Program. Find out more about SEIA, an approved Smart and Skilled training provider, on the NSW Government’s Smart and Skilled Program website
To access subsidised training under Smart and Skilled a student must meet the eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria are available here: https://smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au/are-you-eligible
- 15 years old or over?
- No longer at school?
- Living or working in NSW?
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to all four questions, then you’re eligible to enrol in a government-subsidised course with an approved Smart and Skilled training provider.
SEIA is required to obtain further information from students who are studying a Targeted Priority course:
- Consent from a student either verbally or in writing to use and disclose a student’s personal information to the NSW Department of Education and Communities and other government Agencies
- A student declaration that the student has provided accurate and complete information, is aware of any subcontracting arrangements (if applicable) and has been provided with the Fee information relevant to their enrolment and all appropriate student information
On completion of an enrolment form and provision of any evidence required SEIA will use the Smart and Skilled Provide Calculator to determine the Fee to be paid by the student. This will be advised to the student as part of the enrolment process.
The student Fee is payable by the student to SEIA according to the SEIA terms and conditions.
The ‘Census Date’ for any course will fall 20% of the way through the scheduled duration of the course. Students will be advised of the census date before commencement of the course.
- Any student who wishes to withdraw must complete a Notice of Withdrawal form, available from SEIA administration.
- Any student who withdraws from a course prior to or on the Census Date will have a full refund of any fees paid.
- Any student who wishes to withdraw from a course after the Census Date may apply for a refund, which normally would not be paid, but may be favourably considered on compassionate or special consideration grounds.
- Any student who withdraws after the Census Date, and where a refund is not granted by the college, may appeal this decision according to the SEIA Student Complaints and Appeals Policy and Procedure.
- Where the student is gaining credit for previously completed accredited training. In such circumstances the student will be refunded a pro rata amount based on the percentage of the course that the credit covers.
- Where SEIA is no longer able to deliver Smart and Skilled training.
- Where the student through circumstances beyond his/her control is unable to continue in the course – such as a medical condition, or family/personal circumstances.
We’re here to help